Don’t let the temperature get you down. Tips to tackle the scorching heat this summer
- Exercising at the Right time: Always avoid exercising when temperature is too high as it causes hyper hydration. Exercising early in the morning or later in the evening are ideal times to workout.
- Proper Ventilation:Plantation and windows with proper ventilation are very effective during summer season
- Avoid extreme changes in temperature: Keep a check on the temperature of the air conditioner. This will prevent you from being too chilled and feeling the effects of the outside-inside temperature change too greatly.
- Stay away from cold drafts– Sleeping in direct contact with air conditioning leads to an awful sore throat or painful crick in the neck. If possible refresh the room during the day and turn off the air conditioning at night.
- Opt for a good sunscreen and lip balm– Always apply sunscreen whenever stepping out in the sun as it protects the skin from the harmful rays.
- Stay hydrated with cool drinks– While it’s always important to stay hydrated, the water intake needs special attention in the summer. Try healthy and delicious fresh fruit smoothies available at Café E.
- Include salads in the diet. Consuming leafy lettuce, summer greens, corn on cob and cucumbers in salads are delicious ways to stay cool. Onions too are great in the summer, because of their ability to beat the heat and provide relief from summer ailments.
- Summer Fruits:Consume summer fruits such as water melon, oranges, mangoes, papaya, guava that increases water content of the body and makes you feel fresh all day.
- Treat yourself to a cool dessert-Nothing makes ice-cold treats taste extra delicious like hot summer sunlight. Best of all, these sorts of frozen delicacies can be enjoyed at On The Go and Café C.
Smart Dressing tips for The Heat Of Summer
- Be Fabric Smart: Pick seasonal colors in tones of white and pastels in soft summer fabrics like linens and cottons in your wardrobe that will keep you fresh and cool.
- Natural Makeup is Best: Light and natural makeup is the way to go during the summer season. Put away the heavy foundations and dark lipsticks and opt for neutral eyeshadows, tinted moisturizers or balms.
- Footwear: Give your brogues and boots a break and bring out your strappy sandals, mules and espadrilles. They’re fun to wear, on-trend and totally outfit-enhancing.
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat or keep a lightweight, woven scarf in your bag
- Draping accessories like scarves and wearing wide brimmed hats help you protect your hair, eyes and skin on a sunny day.
While UV is year-round, it’s summer when sunglasses become a daily essential – With eye-catching patterns and tinted lenses sunglasses are trendier than ever this year. Or experiment with the latest trend of 90s sunglasses.
Pick the right perfume or mist – In the heat of summer, fresh and natural notes such as Citrus, light floral and aqua scents keep rejuvenated and fresh all-day long.